Welcome to the Del Oro Aquatic Center Website
The Friends of the Del Oro Pool is a volunteer organization that was formed to help raise funds and participate in the design and construction process of a new aquatic center for Del Oro High School and the Loomis community.
Our current facility is old and badly needs renovation. It does not adequately serve the needs of its current users and furthermore, it cannot accommodate a growing demand for competitive swimming, water polo and community programs.
This newly constructed aquatic complex will be comprised of two pools: One geared for competitive and instructional swim and water polo; the other for aquatic therapy and programs for seniors, infants and toddlers, and people with special needs.
- 35 Meter x 25 Yard Competition Pool
- 12 swimming lanes (25 yard x 7 feet deep) suitable for high school, collegiate, club, and masters swim practice and competition.
- Water polo configuration includes either two side-by-side 25 yard courses or one large course with floating cages up to 30 meters
- 2 swimming lanes at 4 foot depth suitable for warm up or instructional programs
- Shaded spectator bleachers for up to 480 spectators
- Terraced Pool Deck areas taking advantage of the natural slope of the site
- Large events lawn and direct access to Del Oro High School playfields for competitive events
- Storage areas for pool equipment, lane lines, and pool cover reels
- Digital scoreboard
- Pool lighting and speaker system
- Approximately 39 feet x 26 feet with maximum depth of 4 feet
- Warm water kept at approximately 89 degrees
- Ramp and chair accessibility
- Separate deck height and landscaped screening from competition pool
- Locker Room Building
- Approximately 2,655 square feet total
- Snack bar and dry storage area
- Restroom and locker facilities w/ indoor and outdoor showers
- Life guard and first aid station
- Therapy room and separate therapy office
- Conference room
- Mechanical Building
- Approximately 830 square feet to house all equipment for the two pools
To contact the New Pool Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.