Welcome to the Del Oro Aquatic Center Website
The Friends of the Del Oro Pool is a volunteer organization that was formed to help raise funds and participate in the design and construction process of a new aquatic center for Del Oro High School and the Loomis community.
Our current facility is old and badly needs renovation. It does not adequately serve the needs of its current users and furthermore, it cannot accommodate a growing demand for competitive swimming, water polo and community programs.
Planning for the new aquatic center began in 2010. After developing a program feasibility study, preliminary plans were approved by the Placer Union High School District, and a capital campaign was launched in the spring of 2011. The long term plans include two pools: One geared for competitive and instructional swim and water polo; the other for aquatic therapy, and programs for seniors, infants and toddlers, and people with special needs. However, as the state of the current pool becomes increasingly dire, the need to get started with Phase I of construction is immediate. Phase I plans have been approved by DSA, and with less than $40,000 left to raise, construction is anticipated to start in the fall of 2015.. See FAQs in the “About” section on this website for more details.
- 35 Meter x 25 Yard Competition Pool
- 12 swimming lanes (25 yard x 7 feet deep) suitable for high school, collegiate, club, and masters swim practice and competition.
- Water polo configuration includes either two side-by-side 25 yard courses or one large course with floating cages up to 30 meters
- 2 swimming lanes at 4 foot depth suitable for warm up or instructional programs
- Large events lawn and direct access to Del Oro High School playfields for competitive events
- Storage areas for pool equipment, lane lines, and pool cover reels
- Digital scoreboard
- Pool lighting and speaker system
- Locker Room Building
- Restroom and locker facilities w/ indoor and outdoor showers
- Mechanical Building
To contact the New Pool Committee, please email email@example.com.